Thursday, April 24, 2008

taking the plunge....

Josh has never liked his crib, ever. He's always had problems sleeping (exact opposite of Evelyn). It's been even worse lately. we really want nights to ourselves again, and I want naps back!! I was noodling on the ToysRus site and happened upon the numerous reviews of parents commenting that their kiddos didn't like sleeping in their cribs, and after they got a toddler bed, they suddenly slept all night & started with naps again.
I had already been thinking about trying a toddler bed for a few weeks, so we decided we're heading out to TRU and getting a Firetruck toddler bed for him tomorrow (never thought I'd be buying a firetruck bed, but all the reviews about their kids magically starting to sleep on their own seem to focus on the cool beds, not just regular toddler beds)
We kept Evie in her crib as long as possible because I hated the thought of her possibly roaming around in her room, without supervision. I'm just going to have to baby proof his room even more (is that possible!?!) and keep the baby monitor on full blast and hope this will work. Well it can't get any worse anyway! :)

Our fingers are crossed. Nick and I are dying for a full night's sleep....can you tell this is a very pressing issue for us? haha

We'll update with pictures tomorrow!

Evie and Josh had a blast on the field trip. We are so grateful that Patty was able to take them. She said Evie loved riding the bus, and they had a great time on the fire truck tour. They got some fire fighter hats....will have to take pictures tomorrow

oh and although I have 2 more papers to write, I am done with classes. My stats/research final and presentation went great!

UPDATE--the Firetruck bed is sold out in all Toysrus in the whole valley, and they dont' know when they're getting more in. So we have to wait for Mid May for Walmart site to store shipping (We're too cheap to pay $140 in shipping charges!) So we converted his crib into his toddler bed, and he's doing better already with night sleeping (no naps yet!)

No comments: