Wednesday, January 23, 2013

guinea pig problems

So our new family pigs are definitely more than we bargained for.....We just found out that Ginny, our sweet black & white piggy is expecting. I started noticing she was fluffing up pretty quickly and really eating like crazy, so Nick & I checked Iron, & sure enough, we were pretty sure he was a boy. I called the vet & had him scheduled for a neutering the next day haha! The vet confirmed Ginny is expecting. Iron is still recovering from his surgery, but I think he'll be ok. We did not expect this at all..... We even took them to a vet just days after we adopted them & their parts were checked out to confirm they were both girls!

So anyway, such is life. We'll have to get another temporary cage & I'm trying really really hard to find good homes for the babies. There is no way we can have all those pigs in our house for more than a couple of months. I'm hoping that we will get lucky & that she has only 1 or 2 babies.....
Corgan is afraid of the pigs. She'll start trembling in fear is one gets near her haha! Bono can't decide if she wants to eat them or love them :)

No comments: